Please call St. Mary's Parish Office at (401) 253-3300, press 2 with any questions you may have regarding the Cemetery. Cemetery Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30 - 2:00.
St. Mary's Cemetery is located at Chestnut Street, Bristol, RI.
St. Mary's Cemetery
FOR THE MUTUAL PROTECTION AND BENEFIT OF LOT OWNERS AND THE CEMETERY, AND TO MAINTAIN UNIFORM BEAUTY, THE FOLLOWING RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED AS OF APRIL 20, 2004.
- Planting is limited to 16" from the front of the stone, allowing for 12" of planting and a 4" natural buffer. The planting area is not to exceed the width of the stone.
- Items in planting area are limited to flowers, seasonal flowers, planters, and vigil lights as noted.
- Vigil lights, or one religious solar vigil light per lot, may be placed at the owners risk. Solar lawn lights are prohibited. Lights must be placed in above referenced planting area.
- Bed of planting area is restricted to mulch. No stones of any type.
- No planting or objects allowed on the sides and rear of the stone.
- No permanent trees or shrubs may be planted without prior approval.
- No walls, borders, curbing, or edging material of any type is allowed on lot.
- No lighted decorations of any type.
- No christmas trees.
- No balloons.
- The placing of boxes, shells, toys, metal designs, ornaments and similar articles upon lots shall be permitted for two weeks after interment. Should the items not be removed by plot owners, the cemetery reserves the right to remove and dispose of all such items.
- Cemetery management maintains the right to remove any and all articles, including but not limited to floral designs, flowers, weeds, shrubs, plants, herbage, flags or other articles that become unsightly, dangerous, detrimental, diseased, or interfere with proper operation and maintenance, or not conforming to the standards maintained and/or the following regulations.